What is Snapchat? How to Install Snapchat on PC?
Snapchat is a photo messaging mobile app that allows its users to send and receive “self-destructive” images and videos and lot of people are looking snapchat for pc, as desktops are always considered as most efficient way to use any software/apps. These photos and videos are referred to as “snaps”. Thousands of users have downloaded it, and it is gaining popularity as one of the most widely used photo messaging apps. It is a direct competitor to Instagram and several users are also moving from Facebook to Snapchat owing to the latter’s more convenient way of sharing photos. It is very popular with users living far away from their families as image sharing becomes a convenient platform for communication then. Today, after Instagram, it’s the most talked about app, just like Whatsapp for PC.
How does Snapchat work?
Snapchat works in a fun and mysterious way. The application uses the device camera to click photos and WiFi technology to forward the same to a user or a group of users. The sender can set a time limit, as to up to when the receiver can check his snap. If the latter doesn’t view within that time limit, the snap will be gone forever. On the other hand, the sender has sole authority over his pictures. Moreover, with different settings, the user can customize Snapchat to exhibit several other features as per his benefits.
Snapchat for PC
Snapchat is fun, and it is still more entertaining with the PC!
Instead of viewing on the small screens of cell phones or mobile devices, the PC allows a broader viewing area for its users, with clearer texts. You don’t need to limit yourself to two fingers, but you can use the mouse for better navigation and control over your snaps. The usage of the computer camera is also far more convenient that the mobile ones.
How to install Snapchat for PC?
- The first step towards installing Snapchat is to download an android emulator, such as Bluestacks on your desktop. This can be availed for free from the official links provide on the page.
- The next step is to save the software on the PC by double clicking on the downloaded file.
- After that you need to login with your Google account credentials. The user interface is almost similar to that on an Android tablet.
- Launch the Google Play Store services, and from there search and download the Snapchat Android app
- You will see the install button on the app, and clicking on it will automatically download and install the app on your PC
Features of Snapchat for PC
Using Snapchat for PC gives you an altogether different feel as compared to your cell phone:
- Photos and videos can be shared with your family and loves ones anytime and from anywhere. But people are available on their PCs only for short durations of time. Hence you will be convince to click pictures immediately and send them frequently to your close ones
- On the PC the Snapchat user interface is very simple and user friendly. The overall experience is amazing for any first time user.
- Picture editing today takes up most of the fun out of original pictures. Since in Snapchat you have only few moments to send an image after clicking and it doesn’t allow photo edit, the whole idea of sending old school raw pictures becomes more fun.
- You have full control on your privacy and you can also block those whom you don’t wish to receive your pictures. You also have the option of sending them to specific persons.
So if you think, you are not getting the best user platform for your Snapchat app, the only reason might be, you have not yet installed Snapchat on your PC!